My Porsche 911 Forum
You are not logged in. Please Login.

Posted: Mar 20, 2010 9:11:26 pm
spenner

Does anyone have a good pair of manifold/heat exchangers, mine have died and filling the car nicely with exhaust fumes.
Cheers Craig

Posted: Mar 20, 2010 9:29:20 pm
Pete

Hi Craig

Dotn forget to click "watch Topic" then you'll get email reminders when someone posts here. 

I havent got any H/E's, but have a look on  Stuttgart Exchange.  You never know there might be some on there now or in the near future.....

Good luck

Posted: Mar 22, 2010 9:56:02 am
spenner

Thanks Pete,

I checked Stuttgart Exchange first, then loads of places advertised on the web, some have prices some dont. Also I have only had the porsche since last summer so I dont know the companies to avoid, ie advertising gear they dont stock so you end up waiting weeks, or send the wrong parts and have probs getting exchanged, you know the stuff I mean.

I hope I get sorted quick or I will be carbon monoxied to death

Cheers Craig

Posted: Mar 23, 2010 12:54:05 pm
Steve

Type911 are good guys.  They only sell new, so it won't hurt to give them a call and see what the damage would be....

Posted: Mar 26, 2010 4:41:48 pm
spenner

Cheers Steve, I will put them on the short list for a call, I think I will give them and design 911 a ring and see who is cheapest. Anybody reccomend anyone else worth ringing?

:)

Posted: Apr 05, 2010 5:13:15 pm
spenner

The world of porsche exhausts!!

Why is it presumed that if you have a porsche your drowning in cash!! Loads of firms advertise stainless exhausts with P.O.A on the 911, but with prices for most other cars, when you phone them most seem to think you dont have any mechanical knowledge or skills trying to explain the expense is due to design. Apart from the heat exchangers there is nothing "unusual" about the system. I worked in fabrication for 25 years, there is nothing special about the design or fabrication.

Rant over, Steve I eventually settled on Type911, cheers for the reccomendation. The fella I spoke with was spot on, straight talking with no "bull" I settled on a full sport`s system in stainless steel, made by Dansk. Although steep at £1500 which is about twice what I wanted to pay, it is complete with all gaskets/joints new header nuts/bolts ect. I found with some suppliers, the advertised price didnt include delivery or gaskets and the new nuts/bolts. So I am expecting delivery sometime this week, lets hope its as good as described.

Craig ;)

Posted: Apr 05, 2010 5:28:26 pm
hukent

Quote: spenner at Apr 05, 2010 5:13:15 pm
The world of porsche exhausts!!

Why is it presumed that if you have a porsche your drowning in cash!! Loads of firms advertise stainless exhausts with P.O.A on the 911, but with prices for most other cars, when you phone them most seem to think you dont have any mechanical knowledge or skills trying to explain the expense is due to design. Apart from the heat exchangers there is nothing "unusual" about the system. I worked in fabrication for 25 years, there is nothing special about the design or fabrication.

Rant over, Steve I eventually settled on Type911, cheers for the reccomendation. The fella I spoke with was spot on, straight talking with no "bull" I settled on a full sport`s system in stainless steel, made by Dansk. Although steep at £1500 which is about twice what I wanted to pay, it is complete with all gaskets/joints new header nuts/bolts ect. I found with some suppliers, the advertised price didnt include delivery or gaskets and the new nuts/bolts. So I am expecting delivery sometime this week, lets hope its as good as described.

Craig ;)

Matthew is a top bloke for bits,I use him for most of what I want.
Dansk is probably the best option, top quality, and not as loud as SSI.
Hu.

HAPPINESS IS KNOWING YOU'RE WELSH.

Posted: Apr 05, 2010 6:16:07 pm
spenner

Cheers Hu, sounds like I`ve made the right exhaust desicion then. Yeah I agree Matthew was great to deal with,its a good change to speak with someone who knows what they are talking about and not just selling something they have no experience of. I will definately use them again if the exhaust turns up as described this week.

:agree:

Posted: Nov 14, 2010 8:19:28 pm
spenner

well its been a while since the last exhaust post, the system did come as expected. All was fine apart from someone somewhere dropping the silencer box and putting a flat spot on the tail pipe, never mind I took the worst of it out. After umpteen months its spot on, not too loud that I cant drive to and from work with ringing ears but a bit louder than standard especialy at low revs where its quite resinant, all my neighbours know when I am in from night shifts put it that way.

disdain023.gif

MyPorsche911  ·  www.MyPorsche911co.uk · Forums