My Porsche 911 Forum
You are not logged in. Please Login.

Posted: Jan 05, 2010 11:36:40 am

I waited for years until this car became available and have now owned it for over 7 years.
It has alaways been a race car and has extensive history with thousands spent by various owners over the years.
It won the PCGB sprint championship in 3 consecutive years in the '90s but I dont want to bore you all too much.

3.5ltr engine, 964 plastic induction matted to 2 x 3.2 alloy inlets, running Motec ECU, 915 box, mech speedo with LSD. RSR front struts, Bilstiens alround, weltmiester anti roll bars, seam welded shell, carbon doors and front lid, fibre ducktail.

306BHP and 970Kg

I have raced it, tracked it and after taking the engine out I noticed original paint on rear crossmember so it is now in for a full reno incl paint, kidney bowels etc etc

What do you think?

I had to buy 2 x new wings, ouch, as the original although not rusty had a lot of filler over the years and I am fitting ST rear lights.

So thats it so far but will keep thread updated......hope you enjoy

PS sorry re pic quality but you get the idea.

Posted: Jan 05, 2010 1:01:18 pm

Hi Boyders and welcome to the forum.....

You cant bore us with 911 stuff, so post away.  We love it.

This looks like a wonderful car.  306bhp in a 970 kilo car.  It must drive like stink!

Seems like we share the same taste in Polished Fuchs  :agree:

What have been the main changes to get the wieght down to tat figure?

Posted: Jan 05, 2010 1:10:39 pm

Welcome Boydrys

Your 911 looks great!

Hope the respray goes well, should look magnificent!

Posted: Jan 05, 2010 2:15:57 pm

V.nice  impressive spec.  Keep us updated.

Posted: Jan 05, 2010 2:31:43 pm

Guys, the weight of car is helped in that it is a '72 shell with underseal removed,  lightweight panels, doors, ducktail and is currently fitted with recaro pole position and spg seats with manual windows and plexiglass.
I am changing the seats for period items and may add some sound deadning as it is being retired from track.
I dont mind if weight goes up slightly as it is indeed quick and nimble enough to keep off most modern things until we get to flat out in third.

Posted: Jan 05, 2010 2:55:19 pm
Dirty Fuchs

I loved the old colour scheme,,,,, Doh!

Dirty Fuchs. :happy01:
You only live once so enjoy it.

Posted: Jan 05, 2010 4:30:56 pm

Dirty, yes so do I and that was/still is my dilema but I have a plan to make it a little different once complete.
Keep you updated.

Posted: Jan 05, 2010 6:06:03 pm

Awesome looking car Boydyrs, cant wait to see it in Orange, my favourite colour for a vintage 911  (C)

I'd love to experience a ride in a 911 that light...maybe one day on a track day eh?  :)
Sprightly 1134kg and falling.

Posted: Jan 05, 2010 7:43:29 pm

It looked good before the re build but the new colour works for me, a very nice looking motor mate.

Cheers Craig  ;)

Posted: Jan 05, 2010 7:55:35 pm

Quality thread, keep the picrures coming mate!

306bhp and 970kgs!! I wish mine was even close to that.

Posted: Jan 06, 2010 7:49:06 pm

Dont be shy - open up some other threads to show off some of the rest of youe collection  :agree:

Posted: Jan 22, 2010 9:18:59 am

Have you got any close up pics of your carbon fibre panesl.  Im interested to see if the weave is noticeable through the paint.

MyPorsche911  · · Forums