My Porsche 911 Forum
You are not logged in. Please Login.

Posted: Jan 17, 2010 10:16:52 pm
Dirty Fuchs

Hi All,
by popular demand  :happy07:  PM's etc & I have been asked to put the latest photo's I have of Blackbird?????.
Well here are some. :happy01:
Enjoy.......

And to think she started out her anaemic life like this?????

Regards, Dirty Fuchs :agree2:
You only live once so enjoy it.

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 11:57:41 am
Pete

Kev - your a star mate.  I really love tis car.  Looks awesome and is dont absolutely brilliantly.  Its such a credit to your hard work and skill.  Keep it up fella.

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 1:22:52 pm
Dirty Fuchs

As you know Pete, I reluctantly put her up for sale to finance the build of the next, another of my dreams - a 934 (the 934 turbo conversion has been the bug that has bitten me).

However,,,,,,, what a nightmare this has turned out to be - so much so I have now removed all advertising and I will wait the until the spring,,, I think. (M)

Over the last five weeks, seven people have come to see it, it has had four indipendant PPI's (all clean sheet and recommended) and then people wish to push low money in my face and want to take it there and then. I thought, enough is enough. It appears that some think it is a 'desperate' or 'needed' sale.

I spent three hours yesterday with a prospective purchaser who had driven 4 1/2 hrs to get to my home. He had a very thorough PPI done (cost about £250) then I took him for a road test of just over 50 miles (as requested). He stated in the car that he had seen several over the last few weeks (and had PPI's done) but this was the best he had seen by far and he would have it.
When we came back, he went to his car and returned with what looked like a large amount of cash and thrust £4k less than the asking price in my hand and said he would take it there and then - with his statement "take it or leave it".
When I refused his offer he got quite angry and stated "my Son has come with me to pick this car up toady and we drove from the East coast for this". He knew the score, I had spoken to him the night before and told him what I would accept, no doubt seeing the cash he thought I would just let him have it...... Needless to say he went away empty handed and down £250 for the PPI.

Another guy (when I refused his quite low offer) demanded I paid him for the PPI he just had done..... (wallbash)

Breath,,,,, slowly breath,,,,,, Anyway, got over that ordeal (wasn't the first of a similar thing though) and the slightly angry call late last night from the above moaning that he should now be driving it,,,,,,, so it is now 'off the market'.
Aghhhhhh the pleasures of Porsche ownership - however, the 928 I sold last year was a pleasurable affair with the first to see/test it buying it and a perfect gentleman he was too..

Regards

Dirty Fuchs :agree2:  (rofl)

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 5:53:01 pm
hukent

That car is worth more than you're asking!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you give it away I'll send over  'THE BOYS'
Seriously Kev, stick to your guns mate, the car is a credit to your Skills.
If I had not recently bought my little darling..........................
Hu.

HAPPINESS IS KNOWING YOU'RE WELSH.

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 9:19:13 pm
Dirty Fuchs

Thanks Hu,
yes, I have been told that I should have advertised it for much more - as this could move her out of the 'grim zone' that appears to be populated by people that think they are "doing me a favour by taking her off my hands" said one.

I thought I would advertise it at an honest and reasonable price, especially compared to the drasticaly high prices that are being asked for some, which I have seen (or know) and they are not a patch on this one,,,,,,,,, However.... (confused)

Never mind, I still have the absolute pleasure of driving round in her - but I must get on with the other, this driving around enjoying myself is taking my eye off the target with the 930.  disdain025.gif 

Regards

Dirty Fuchs. :agree2:

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 5:48:30 pm
Pete

I agree.  Your car is under priced Kev.  Its worth way more than your asking.  Maybe relist it but at a higher amount.  This might have the effect of attracting proper buyers, who are both serious and appreciate wat it is they could be buiying.

Posted: Jan 23, 2010 5:57:35 pm
coxy

Tell them to ram it Kev. Anyone in the know and worth there salt will pay the asking price.

Pete... Am i still a Newbie??????????????????????????????

Posted: Jan 23, 2010 6:33:19 pm
Pete

Quote: coxy at Jan 23, 2010 5:57:35 pm
Tell them to ram it Kev. Anyone in the know and worth there salt will pay the asking price.

Pete... Am i still a Newbie??????????????????????????????

Yup, still a Newbie.  When you've made 50 posts you'll be promoted to Apprentice  :happy013:

Posted: Jan 23, 2010 6:44:12 pm
coxy

On with it now, as I single finger type.

Posted: Jan 23, 2010 9:24:00 pm
Pete

Quote: coxy at Jan 23, 2010 6:44:12 pm
On with it now, as I single finger type.

Love it mate

:agree:

Posted: Jan 24, 2010 2:50:43 pm
Dil1232

JUST ONE SIMPLE WORD

AWESOME :agree:

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 9:15:25 am
MarkJ

well done for sticking to your guns Jammo, what a flipping cheek that guy had ! cant believe he went through all that then tried a -4k take it or leave it deal ?!  i would have shoved his money somewhere un-pleasant and sent him on his merry way. He should owe you money for the wasted petrol and time.

No doubt a proper buyer will come along and snap it up.
Sprightly 1134kg and falling.

Posted: Jan 27, 2010 6:55:00 pm
Dirty Fuchs

Mark,
yep I had them all here - PPI's, people trying to thrust cash in my hands, people travelling some very long distances only to go away empty handed (I did tell them the terms before they left) - some I have felt for after such journey's. Some have travelled for hours, up't North - East coast an one from the lake district. I really find it hard to believe, I dont want to waste thier time or money - nor mine.
I've had two now who got all shirty, one even demanding the car for the money (found out after he was a trader). (wallbash)

Never had trouble like this before, usually very amicable with enthusiasts driving away happy - some still keep in touch.
I genuinely think now that (without bragging the old girl up) they see it and almost 'instinct' takes over and some wont leave without it,,,,, but for half shed money.

Agh, never mind.
Regards

Dirty Fuchs  :agree:

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 1:14:21 pm
Pete

I really cant believe some people.  Your advert was really detailed and quite specific.  Yet people still drive hundreds of miles, spend money on petrol and then insult you with a stupid offer.

I say put it up for sale again and add £10k to the asking price.  That will get you into the serious buyer market!

Posted: Feb 04, 2010 6:51:45 pm
hukent

It appears 'Blackbird' has been SOLD !!!
Hu.

HAPPINESS IS KNOWING YOU'RE WELSH.

Posted: Feb 04, 2010 7:08:02 pm
Pete

Quote: hukent at Feb 04, 2010 6:51:45 pm
It appears 'Blackbird' has been SOLD !!!

Really???  Kev?  Did you get a decent price mate?

MyPorsche911  ·  www.MyPorsche911co.uk · Forums