My Porsche 911 Forum
You are not logged in. Please Login.

Posted: Apr 27, 2010 4:13:58 pm
Paul Isaacs

My86'  911 supersport.

Jobs to do - Replace Heater Fan / Get heater working. Get A/C working . Sort out the sound system so I can get some sort of base. Refurb Wheels.

Had it 4 years and only driven it for about 500 miles !!

Kind Regards

Posted: Apr 28, 2010 2:12:26 pm

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum.

That is a great looking Supersport.  I dont think Ive seen a Targa Supersport before.

I cant believe you've had it that long and only done 500 miles!

Wat are your plans for the wheels?  Lets see some more pics......    :happy013:

Posted: Apr 29, 2010 6:13:14 pm

Nice supersport Paul

Posted: Apr 29, 2010 8:57:28 pm

Get it together man, that is a serious car to be sitting, wasting away!!!!

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 10:36:19 am

nice looking car but get some miles on it man ! What a waste having that beast sitting around.
Sprightly 1134kg and falling.

Posted: Jun 30, 2010 10:51:22 pm

Hi Paul

You asked about possible Performance enhancements for the induction section of your supersport.

There’s a few options, but not all of them cheap.

-          some people change he airbox for a K&N air filter.  It’s the cheapest induction change, adds a nice sounds but I don’t think adds any real power;

-          then there’s a hot film MAF sensor change.  I think there are good for a few BHP, but are quite expensive;

-          You can have the inlet manifold balanced for equal air intake and is a few single digit bhp increase;

-          the ultimate is to go for a set of throttle bodies, but that is not only expensive, but requires a lot of engine management changes;

-  You can definitely chip them. A chip on its own is good for about 10% bhp increase.  Steve Wong chips seem to be popular, but I have no experience of them.  A chip matched to an exhaust and cam is probably the biggest bang for your buck, but then your getting into an expensive area again.

- There are lots of other performance options, but Unfortunately / Fortunately Porsche did a great job with the 3.2 engine in the first place and make’s increases in power expensive to achieve…..

Im sure others will chime in with their thoughts.......

MyPorsche911  · · Forums