My Porsche 911 Forum
You are not logged in. Please Login.

Posted: Jan 17, 2011 8:45:25 pm
Dil1232

Hi all, not been on here for a while, can anybody advise me,
Im thinking of lowering my car, firstly how much is advisable and how do I go about it.
(hm)
cheers Dil

Posted: Jan 18, 2011 6:35:39 pm
Pete

Hi Dil - Lowering the front is easy.  Just a couple of adjuster bolts on the front cross member.

You have to be careful with the front though as if you go too low you will suffer with bump steer.

Check out this thread on Bump Steer.

Ill dig out some diagrams on rasing and lowering the rear for you.

Posted: Jan 18, 2011 8:16:08 pm
Pete

Hi Dil - you should also check tis thread out: www.myporsche911.co.uk/upb/viewtopic.php?id=7&t_id=4

Posted: Jan 18, 2011 9:19:15 pm
hukent

Why do you want to lower it?
Hu.

HAPPINESS IS KNOWING YOU'RE WELSH.

Posted: Jan 25, 2011 6:43:35 pm
Dil1232

HI WELL I  SEEN 911S WITH THE REAR END SITS LOW AND THE FRONT SEEMS TO BE HIGHER, UNTIL i READ SOME OF THE COMMENTS ON THE THREAD i THOUGHT THIS WAS GOOD, BUT NOW THIS SEEMS JUST FOR LOOKS NOT IMPROVEMENT? iS THAT CORRECT? (confused)

(hm)

wHERE ABOUTS IN WALES ARE YOU HUW, DO YOU GO TO ANY SORT OF SHOWS.

i WAS BIG INTO VW AND DID GO EVERYWHERE WHEN YOUNGER AND HAD A SPLIT, BUT I THINK AFTER TALKING TO MY FRIENDS THE SHOWS HAVE GONE A BIT MONEY MAD AND LOST THE PLOT.

Posted: Jan 26, 2011 11:36:59 am
hukent

I'm in Cardiff.
The standard set up is lower at the rear than the front, but not by much.
If you lower the suspension, you alter all the other settings, so you need a complete
re-jig of castor, camber etc.
Hu.

HAPPINESS IS KNOWING YOU'RE WELSH.

Posted: Apr 08, 2011 5:19:40 pm
Hoffman

Quote: hukent at Jan 26, 2011 11:36:59 am
I'm in Cardiff.
The standard set up is lower at the rear than the front, but not by much.
If you lower the suspension, you alter all the other settings, so you need a complete
re-jig of castor, camber etc.

Hu is correct on this one.  Once you change something on the 911 it does effect other settings like camber and corner weights and cross weights.    The standard car as a 1 degree slope - the front being lower than the rear.

MyPorsche911  ·  www.MyPorsche911co.uk · Forums