My Porsche 911 Forum
You are not logged in. Please Login.

Posted: May 20, 2011 1:50:43 pm
cd07

hey guys I wonder if anyone can help me. when i accelerate my 911 pulls slightly to the left and when i decelerate it pulls slightly to the right. iv fitted new track rod bushings to try and solve the problem to no avail has anyone any ideas? (confused)
cd07

Posted: May 20, 2011 3:57:06 pm
spenner

Hello mate, its usually nothing more than the tracking needs adjusting. The vehicles I drive for work regularly get kerbed and do the same, getting the tracking set normally sorts it. I had a ford RS turbo many years ago, this had the same problem regularly, this was due to ball joint wear and needed new joints quite often. Its worth checking all steering joints for play and wheel bearings too just to be sure. If no play is present anywhere the tracking is probably to blame and just needs re setting mate.

hope this is some help bud  ;)

Posted: May 20, 2011 5:27:30 pm
Pete

Hey CD.  Welcome to the forum.

Like spenner says, this is likely to be a track rod issue.  Sounds like your Toe is out from Spec.

What Porsche have you got?  Find out what the Toe should be and either do it yourself (Takes a while with string, chalk and a laserline) or take it somewhere to get it spot on.  You'll also find with the incorrect Toe settings you can wear tyres ut quickly. 

You might also look at the "Thrust Angle" of the car to make sure it is correxct.

Definitely a geometry problem IMHO.

Let us know what Porsche you have and maybe start a thread on your car in the Gallery section of the forum and maybe post a few pics.  :agree:

PS - Dont forget to clikc "Watch Topic" at the top right of this thread.  That way you'll get an email when someone replies to your question.

MyPorsche911  ·  www.MyPorsche911co.uk · Forums