My Porsche 911 Forum
You are not logged in. Please Login.

Posted: Feb 24, 2011 12:04:11 am
motodad

Hi All,

Decided to start on restoration of my 76 3litre Carrera after 10years siting in my garage, had it since march 94. It isnt rotten but is a RHD conversion and i am not happy with the way it was done, apart from that it is fine and standard i think. Will be basically starting again with the conversion.
Hopefully will post photographs of how i go.
Are there any Porsche autojumbles nowadays?

Bye for now.

Phil

Posted: Feb 24, 2011 9:11:52 am
Pete

Hi Phil

Welcome to the forum.  The '76 and '77 Carrera 3.0's a great 911's and are quite rare nowadays.  I'm definitely looking forward to watching that one.  Will you keep it RHD or put it back to factory?

There is the famous 'husborne crawley autojumble'.  Just give that a google and you'll find it.  Where are you based?  The autojumble is just south of Milton keynes. About 5 mins from the M1 motorway.

It would be nice to see some photo's of her now and during the process.  Feel free to open a thread in 'Gallery/Our Readers 911' and tell the story.

If you want to show some pictures in your thread then just sign up to our sister site www.p101tv.com, then upload your pics which you can then immediately share here.  There's a little guide for posting pictures in the help section, here:

www.myporsche911.co.uk/upb/viewtopic.php?id=22&t_id=10

Posted: Feb 24, 2011 11:57:28 pm
motodad

Hi Pete,
I disected an 88 911 for the RHD bulkhead and was suprised that certain key areas of the floor and tunnel were converted from LHD by the factory with simple welded in panels that are conveniently unpickable for removal. I think any RHD 911 up to at least that year could be a factory conversion in those areas. I am no expert and could be completely wrong, maybe someone more knowledgeble could shed some light.
Anyway i plan to keep it RHD now, there are too many bits to change back! Will have a go at posting some pictures to show.
Your right about the Carrera 3.0, there so cammy its mad, really makes you grin.

regards
Phil

Posted: Feb 25, 2011 2:30:45 pm
Steve

Hi Phil - sounds like a great project.  looking forward to seeing the pics....

Posted: Feb 25, 2011 11:52:04 pm
motodad

Here is the Car in 1994.

Posted: Feb 26, 2011 9:39:00 am
Pete

I really like that Phil.  She's a nice looking 911.  I'm really looking to following this project.  Don't forget to start a thread for your project in Galler>Our Members 911.....

You can tell the photo is older compared to the digital ones because of the grainyness.  It wirks though.  Makes it look even more classic  :agree:

MyPorsche911  ·  www.MyPorsche911co.uk · Forums