My Porsche 911 Forum
You are not logged in. Please Login.

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 8:44:30 pm
greemy

Now i know your not ment to listen to music in your 911  apart from that fantastic flat 6 but...
i know that behind the clock or n/s under the bonnet right at the back is a black box this is a booster for the aerial .
i plug my sounds in but no signals when the aerial pluged in? on 3.2s when you take the front windscreen out there is a little wire pokes through the edge of the dash now i thought this was ment to be attached to the screen aerial  so duly solderd etc etc ... you get the picture but it still doesnt work anyone got any ideas or any experance with this?
(wallbash)
greemy...

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 8:57:33 pm
Pete

I had a similar problem.  You are right the aerial is a thin wire in the windscreen.  The aerial comes out of the screen on the drivers side in a RHD car in the bottom corner.  This wire then plugs into the booster box.  The aerial lead from your bosster box then goes to the stere.  The booster box also has a power supply.

So I would check:

- no broken wire from screen to booster box;
- power supply is going to the booster box;
- aerial lead from booster to stereo is ok and not broken;

then if all esle fails you'll have to swap out the booster box as that could be faulty.

Posted: May 04, 2009 11:28:26 am
greemy

well raided one of the cars at work and got the whole thing ! so when the car comes back from the paint shop i can fit it amongst other vital bits like lights bumpers etc etc....
greemy...

MyPorsche911  ·  www.MyPorsche911co.uk · Forums