My Porsche 911 Forum
You are not logged in. Please Login.

Posted: Oct 14, 2010 12:27:09 pm
MarkJ

Wow! what a great modification this is for a 911 :)  and moderately cheap at £250 considering the increase in throttle response and general pace.
Bought and fitted mine last week and i think its fantastic. Really brings the car to life. Took me about half hour to fit, and if i can do it, anyone can !

Highly recommend it. I went for the 98 RON chip as i only ever put super unleaded in my car.
Sprightly 1134kg and falling.

Posted: Oct 14, 2010 1:34:54 pm
hukent

I second Mark's comments, also fitted mine recently, car is now more 'driveable'
with no hesitation anymore, it feels much more responsive now.
I paid a LOT less than that though!!!!
Hu.

HAPPINESS IS KNOWING YOU'RE WELSH.

Posted: Oct 15, 2010 1:01:57 pm
Pete

Awesome fellas'  Steve Wong gets good reviews for his chips.....

Where did you get yours Hu for less that £250....  Mind you even at £250 its a cheap upgrade.  What are the stated figures for his chip.

Posted: Oct 17, 2010 7:07:12 pm
hukent

Quote: Pete at Oct 15, 2010 1:01:57 pm
Awesome fellas'  Steve Wong gets good reviews for his chips.....
Where did you get yours Hu for less that £250....  Mind you even at £250 its a cheap upgrade.  What are the stated figures for his chip.

I was offered mine by chance, I was talking to someone about my car and he said he had an SW chip left from when he had a 911. I asked how much he wanted for it, and he said make me an offer,
so I offered him £100, and he said O.K. !!! (C)

This is taken from the website.

Q: How much power can I expect with your chip?

A: You can expect a 6-8% increase in horsepower and torque throughout the powerband on to redline, with a 10-20% increase in part throttle torque, horsepower and engine efficiency. Horsepower increases are approximately 12-16 hp and 20 lbs of torque through the powerband, with regions such as at 6500 with a 25-35 hp gain. The lag and delay currently experienced below 4000 rpm will be gone, with power coming on as soon as 1500 rpm and pulling hard all the way to the rev limit, providing much improved everyday drivability, throttle response and low and mid end torque. With more modifications to your motor, greater gains can be expected as the stock chip becomes more of a hindrance - as much as 20 hp with polished intake runners and a sport exhaust. At full throttle, the Motronic DME ignores all sensor inputs and injects no more fuel than has been factory preprogrammed for a stock motor. Modifications to the exhaust and induction system become a fruitless exercise without ignition mapping optimization and adequate fuel compensation, and fuel equals power. Since each chip is specifically tailored to meet each customer's specification and configuration, expect the maximum power derivable over a one size fits all chip solution. Expect at least a 0.5 second reduction in both your 0-60 and ¼ mile acceleration times.
Hu.

HAPPINESS IS KNOWING YOU'RE WELSH.

Posted: Aug 26, 2011 4:48:44 pm
Mazdaholic

Hi guys, just fitted a light weight flywheel / clutch to my 993 C4S and need to fit a new chip - where do you purchase a Steve Wong Chip from in UK please??

Cheers,

JIM

Posted: Aug 26, 2011 6:19:18 pm
MarkJ

Hi, you get them from the man himself in the states. No extra duty/taxes etc, fast prompt delivery in a padded envelope  :)

http://www.911chips.com/index2.html

email him and tell him what you have done to the car and he will recommend best chip for it. If you have a dyno reading you can even get a custom made chip for a bit more money.

good luck

Mark
Sprightly 1134kg and falling.

MyPorsche911  ·  www.MyPorsche911co.uk · Forums