My Porsche 911 Forum
You are not logged in. Please Login.

Posted: Apr 23, 2010 2:51:40 pm
Pete

Not a purely Porsche mag, but a great read nonetheless.  PPC Mag is practical performance for grownups.  It always has some great projects amongst its pages.

......and my 911 should be featuring in the June 2010 issue  :agree:

Posted: Apr 26, 2010 10:46:53 am
MarkJ

cool, your rapidly becoming a star of the car magazine world...big tart ;)
Sprightly 1134kg and falling.

Posted: Apr 28, 2010 3:48:31 pm
Pete

Well today was the day of my photoshoot for Practical Performance Car Magazine.  Apparantly the article will be the main feature in the June 2010 issue.  Its also going to appear on the cover.

I can't show any pics as these are for the mag, but I must say the day was great fun.

The day started with me leaving the house at 9am and heading off around the M25 and the M11 to North Weald Aerodrome.  A fantastic location with some interesting backdrops.

I met Matt Richardson and Ivan Ostoff, the photographer and artcle writer respectively.  They are great guys and it was fun to watch the day progress.  I have no idea how many photo's Matt took but a few  hundred or so wouldn't be far of the mark.  There was a combination of still shots as well as action shots.  There was even a photo or two with me in the frame.    :blush:

Some of the action shots involved all sorts of intricate scaffolding attached to the car. The camera suspended in mid air above the car looking down to capture the road as it passed under the car.  Static shots of the car, interior and engine bay were assisted with lighting and reflectors - it was great to watch.

I talked about the car at length with Ivan explaining the car's history and all the work that I have done to her to get her where she is today.

The day finished with me arriving back home at abot 3pm. 

Can't wait now to see how the article turns out.

Posted: Apr 28, 2010 7:25:51 pm
MarkJ

sounds brilliant Pete, you will hopefully get loads of fantastic professional photos out of it to adorn on your garage walls in super size format ! Look forward to reading the finished article
Nice one :)
Sprightly 1134kg and falling.

Posted: Jun 03, 2010 12:31:50 pm
Pete

The the magazine is out this week.  Can't waiti to see it!

Posted: Nov 30, 2010 4:03:51 pm
Pete

Im Pleased to say my car found its way into PPC Magazine this summer.  It was on the cover too.

Posted: Dec 11, 2010 2:49:22 pm
Steve

great article Pete.  You've got a famous car there......

Posted: Jan 08, 2011 6:34:57 pm
Pete

Quote: Steve at Dec 11, 2010 2:49:22 pm
great article Pete.  You've got a famous car there......

Thanks Steve....  I must admit its nice to see your car in print  :agree:

MyPorsche911  ·  www.MyPorsche911co.uk · Forums